All WIC appointments scheduled in Ross and Pickaway counties are being completed by phone with no contact WIC Nutrition Card issuance.
All Caregivers Are Welcome.
We offer support to anyone who is eligible, including:
- Foster Parents
We’re Here For You.
We’re here for more families than you might think – in fact, we serve over half of all infants born in the US. To get WIC assistance, participants :
- Must be pregnant or have infants or children under 5 years old
- May be in need of income assistance
- Can be receiving other services like medical assistance, SNAP, OWF, Kindship, or foster care.
Am I Eligible for WIC? Eligibility is based on family size and income. Anyone who currently receives Medicaid, Food Stamps, or Ohio Works First (OWF) automatically meets the income eligibility criteria for WIC. Click on the link to see the current income guidelines for the Ohio WIC program.
WIC Eligibility Information
How Do I apply for WIC? Contact the WIC office in your
county to make an appointment to apply for WIC. You can find your local office here.
Ross County Residents call: 740-702-6709
Pickaway County Residents call: 740-474-4274
WIC Nutritional Benefits
Food. Education. Support. You Got This.
Participants redeem benefits using a WIC Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card at authorized retail grocery stores and pharmacies.
- improves the length of pregnancy and birth weight
- reduces late fetal deaths
- improves the diets of women and children
- results in increased head circumference (reflecting brain growth) of infants whose mothers receive WIC during pregnancy
- improves pregnancy outcomes by providing or referring to support services necessary for full-term pregnancies
- reduces infant mortality by reducing the incidence of low birth weight (infants under 5 ½ pounds are at greater risk of breathing problems, brain injuries and physical abnormalities)
- provides infants and children with a healthy start in life by combating poor and/or inadequate diet
Contact Ross County WIC Office
Monday – Friday 8 am to 4 pm
Tuesdays 8 am to 6:30 pm
Office Location: 150 E Second Street, Chillicothe, OH 45601
Contact Pickaway County WIC Office
Monday – Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm – Closed noon to 12:30 p.m. for lunch.
Office Location: 722 Clinton Street, Circleville, OH 43113
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.