We are hiring! The Ross County Health District has the following job openings:
Health Commissioner – Full Time
The Ross County Health District, Chillicothe, Ohio is seeking a full-time Health Commissioner during a time of extraordinary public health challenges.
Description: Individual with a passion for public health practice and proven leadership desired to lead a combined city-county health department in Southern Ohio. Ross County Health District has five divisions and 50 employees with a $4 million budget. The health commissioner candidate must have excellent communication skills, an ability to conduct systems level evaluation and practice, and the expertise to maintain the district’s strong community presence.
Minimum Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Per the Ohio Revised Code 3709.11, the person appointed as commissioner shall be a licensed physician, licensed dentist, a licensed veterinarian, licensed podiatrist, licensed chiropractor, or the holder of a master’s degree in public health or an equivalent master’s degree in a related health field as determined by the members of the board of health in a general health district.
- Professional public health experience including a minimum of five (5) years of administration or supervisory experience of public health practice.
- Previous experience in a health department as a recognized leader is preferred.
Licensure or Certification Requirements:
- Valid State of Ohio driver license.
- Certification in Incident Command System (ICS) through the 400 level or obtain certification within one year of employment.
- AOHC Health Commissioner University graduation within one year of employment.
- Preferential recognition of Certification of Public Health (CPH) through the National Board of Public Health Examiners (NBPHE).
Benefits: Ross County Health District offers vacation, holidays, personal leave, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, health, dental & vision and life insurance, Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) and Ohio Deferred Compensation.
Salary: $80,000 – $100,000 per year.
Open until filled.
To be considered for this position, please submit application of resume and cover letter to:
RCHD Board of Health – Health Commissioner Opening
150 E. Second St.
Chillicothe, OH 45601
Please call Debbie Miner, Executive Secretary, Board of Health at 740-779-9652 with questions.
As a public service agency, we know our greatest assets are the people behind the service. Ross County Health District is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Public Health Nurse – Substance Use Disorder
The Health District is seeking a full-time BSN-prepared nurse to lead a multi-disciplinary team that will address and reduce the impact of the opioid epidemic in Ross County. The position will oversee outreach efforts of Community Health Workers and identify and implement evidence base practices surrounding prevention, assessment, and harm reduction. Nursing activities will also include data analysis, case management, health education and advocacy, coalition building, and collaborating with community partners to identify prevention strategies and pathways out of addiction. This is a grant-funded position. Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and at least two years of nursing experience. – Position open until filled
All qualified applicants can send resumes to: Ross County Health District, Attn: Personnel Officer, 150 E. Second Street, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601 or or via email to email@example.com . Ross County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Employer.
Benefits for Working in Public Health!
The Ross County Health District strives to improve the health and safety of Ross County residents through education, prevention, policy, and partnerships. The Health District supports staff professional development through on-site, local, and out-of-state training. Staff can receive annual pay increases through a core performance appraisal and receive excellent benefits including affordable health, dental, and vision insurance, excellent public retirement system (OPERS), free immunizations, and one, paid 15-minute break during the workday. The Health district also provides work-life balance support in the form of 15 sick days, 10 vacation days, 3 personal days, and 13 paid holidays. Regular office hours at 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Ross County Health District is an equal opportunity employer. The Ross County Health District is an e-Verify employer.
The Ross County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as an an E-Verify Employer.