2.20.2020 – Ross County Influenza Report Week 6
Seasonal Influenza continues to be active in Ohio and Ross County, with Ohio Department of Health reporting on February 7th the highest number of influenza-associated hospitalizations during week 6 (February 2 – 8, 2020) so far for the 2019-2020 flu season. Below you will find the Ross County Health District’s Week 6 Seasonal Flu Report with details of flu activity and associated influenza associated hospitalizations. Also include is the Ohio Department of Health’s Week 6 Influenza Report, which summarizes flu activity for Ohio and regions of Ohio leading up to week 6 of the 2019-2020 Flu Season.
With the increase in Influenza-associated hospitalizations observed by RCHD’s Infectious Disease Program and Ohio Department of Health, the Ross County Health District advises you still take necessary precautions to prevent getting the flu or to prevent the spread of flu if you are sick:
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth after touching objects – this is how germs are spread.
• Practice good habits like disinfecting surfaces, getting plenty of sleep, and managing stress.
For more information about local flu activity – visit rosscountyhealth.org
Learn more about the flu and precautions to take at www.flu.ohio.gov